Accounts Payable Specialist
Are you looking for a role with impact?
Magenta Therapeutics is a company dedicated to addressing significant needs across all aspects of transplant medicine with a culture fueled by an amazing, passionate group of people committed to the idea of “patients first” and making a difference.
We started with an idea— Significant needs remain for patients living with autoimmune diseases, blood cancers, and rare genetic diseases. Bone marrow transplant is a potential cure for many, but its high risks, toxic side effects and complexity prevent many patients from being able to benefit. Magenta is working comprehensively to change the transplant journey for patients.
By pioneering an innovative portfolio of novel therapeutics designed to make the entire bone marrow transplant process more effective, safer and easier, we aim to unleash the full potential of bone marrow transplant for those living with a wide array of conditions such as multiple sclerosis, scleroderma, acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, inherited metabolic diseases, and sickle cell disease.
The people at Magenta are at the very core of our progress in pursuing this vision. Our roles don’t dictate our daily activities – every employee is empowered to make an impact, seize opportunity and to develop skills and expertise.
The Accounts Payable specialist is a key and valued position in the finance group and will support all aspects of the accounts payable cycle. The specialist’s organizational skills, detailed review and processing of transactions and sensitivity to deadlines is crucial to the timely issuance of accurate financial statements.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by and want to be responsible for:
- Monitor the Accounts Payable inbox in Outlook and resolve invoicing requirements
- Accurate entry of invoices
- Monitor the approval workflow for purchase orders and the payment workflow for invoices
- Review and resolve unapproved purchase order issues
- Resolve invoice and payment disputes, including communication with vendors, as needed
- Maintain and reconcile vendor records and accounts
- Process 1099’s
- Initiate vendor payments to include check, wires, ACH/credit card processing
- Assist team with GL and bank reconciliation, as needed
- Work with Accounting team on other accounting related projects
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1+ years’ experience in accounts payable preferably in a biotech
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus
- Requires attention to detail and compliance with strict deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
To be successful as a leader and contributor within Magenta, you must be:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused.Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way
- Entrepreneurial. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business
- Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise
- A proven cross-functional leader.You will have demonstrated the ability to “influence without authority,” build teams, and achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent
- Transparent and Articulate.You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders
- Enterprise-focused and Business-savvy.You will always seek to put the goals of the company first, and help others understand the tradeoffs we need to make across the business. You’ll also be interested in new business development opportunities, being able to bring those to the attention of the right teams at Magenta and able to support those activities as requested
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company
- A role model for the company’s cultural pillars; Courage Commitment & Excellence