This dynamic role encompasses both external communications (media relations, social media, clinical and preclinical communications, investor relations) and internal communications (organizing all-company meetings, developing culture-focused initiatives, and identifying and addressing other internal communications needs).
This role will be based in Cambridge, Mass., and report to the Vice President of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications.
Magenta Therapeutics is a company dedicated to addressing significant needs across all aspects of transplant medicine with a culture fueled by an amazing, passionate group of people committed to the idea of “patients first” and making a difference.
By pioneering an innovative portfolio of novel therapeutics designed to make the entire bone marrow transplant process more effective, safer and easier, we aim to unleash the full potential of bone marrow transplant for those living with a wide array of conditions such as multiple sclerosis, scleroderma, acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, inherited metabolic diseases, and sickle cell disease.
The people at Magenta are at the very core of our progress in pursuing this vision. Our roles don’t dictate our daily activities – every employee is empowered to make an impact, seize opportunity and to develop skills and expertise.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by and want to be responsible for:
- Developing and executing strategies and metrics to increase Magenta’s visibility, enhance its internal and external reputation and communicate company progress to key external and internal audiences
- Working closely with members of the executive and leadership teams to ensure communications programs and tactics are aligned with Magenta’s long-term strategy
- Engaging employees to help them understand and feel connected to the Magenta story, business strategy and priorities through innovative internal communications and employee engagement initiatives
- Leading the development of communications strategies and creation of materials (e.g., press releases, presentations, media pitches) for key corporate, clinical and preclinical milestones
- Serving as a media contact for corporate and R&D news, developing ideas for media pitches, building and maintaining relationships with key reporters and editors
- Building and/or maintaining digital communications channels, including the company website and social media platforms
- Building strong relationships both internally and externally that enable accurate, efficient and optimal creation and delivery of key messages
- Working with agency partners on tactical execution of communications strategies, managing associated budgets and ensuring that metrics are reached
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- BS/BA with 10-12 years of experience in corporate communications, including in-house role at publicly traded pharma or biotech company or healthcare agency experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to translate complex scientific information into lay-friendly language
- Excellent interpersonal skills with significant experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders
- Experience supervising external agencies
- Strong relationships with local and national business and industry media
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Passion for developing patient-centric communications
- Embrace of our core values: Courage, Commitment and Excellence
- Excitement about the Magenta vision
To be successful as a leader and team member within Magenta, you must be:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
- Entrepreneurial. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business.
- Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
- A proven cross-functional leader. You will have demonstrated the ability to “influence without authority,” build teams, and achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures.
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
- Enterprise-focused and Business-savvy. You will always seek to put the goals of the company first, and help others understand the tradeoffs we need to make across the business. You’ll also be interested in new business development opportunities, being able to bring those to the attention of the right teams at Magenta and able to support those activities as requested.
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company.
- A role model for the company’s cultural pillars; Courage, Commitment and Excellence.