Magenta is seeking a progressive, dynamic, business-focused Associate Director of People and Culture to design and deliver key programs to support the people and organizational strategy.
In this position, the Associate Director of People and Culture will drive programmatic rollouts and ensure operational excellence across the full spectrum of human resources initiatives by partnering across the organization.
Magenta Therapeutics is a company dedicated to addressing significant needs across all aspects of transplant medicine with a culture fueled by an amazing, passionate group of people committed to the idea of “patients first” and making a difference.
By pioneering an innovative portfolio of novel therapeutics designed to make the entire bone marrow transplant process more effective, safer and easier, we aim to unleash the full potential of bone marrow transplant for those living with a wide array of conditions such as multiple sclerosis, scleroderma, acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, inherited metabolic diseases, and sickle cell disease.
The people at Magenta are at the very core of our progress in pursuing this vision. Our roles don’t dictate our daily activities – every employee is empowered to make an impact, seize opportunity and to develop skills and expertise.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by and want to be responsible for:
Strategic Business Partner and Advisor
- Partner with leadership to evolve and execute robust people strategies as appropriate per group all with the purpose of driving business objectives
- Optimize team effectiveness and employee engagement, leveraging both quantitative and qualitative inputs
- Create organization designs to support company growth
- Help Design and drive enterprise wide HR initiatives
- Drive HR strategy and execution across the enterprise to ensure alignment between business imperatives and the HR agenda. Partner with leadership to determine effective HR solutions to facilitate organizational growth and effectiveness
- Act as strategic advisor on people and leadership matters including personal development plans, change management, team effectiveness, employee engagement, influencing in a matrix model and organization design
Organizational Design and Function
- Enhance organizational capability and capacity through high touch programs and relationships
- Improve and adapt organizational structures, ensuring the alignment and development of key internal talent
- Create workforce plans for key functions as needed, as well as internal development plans to ensure a strong pipeline of talent
Culture and Inclusion
- Support and spearhead the company continues to prioritize diversity and inclusion
- Foster an environment that ensures equity and respect for all employees
- Maintain and continue to evaluate employee wellness programs
- Run annual HR processes across designated client groups such as compensation planning, performance management, talent review and workforce planning
- Enhance human resources processes by leveraging technology and data analytics to drive better decision making
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs, benefits and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets to meet the strategic and operational people needs of the company
- Leverage outsourced model to ensure compliance, benefits and operations
- Drive mentorship program to promote a culture of leadership and ownership throughout the organization
- Support Internship program to ensure successful learning outcomes
- Anticipate and manage change and ensure the organization has the right capabilities to maintain competitive advantage
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree (i.e. MBA) preferred
- 7+ years of experience in HR, including senior level HR Business Partner roles, required
- Experience in HR Centers of Excellence (i.e. Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Compensation, Employee Relations) preferred
- Successful track record of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment required
- Experience as an HR Generalist or Business Partner in a small-emerging company
- Direct operations experience administering compensation, benefits, and compliance required with management of both internal and external resources
- Excellent skills with PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to shape and frame
To be successful as a leader and team member within Magenta, you must be:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
- Entrepreneurial. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business.
- Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
- A proven cross-functional leader. You will have demonstrated the ability to “influence without authority,” build teams, and achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures.
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
- Enterprise-focused and Business-savvy. You will always seek to put the goals of the company first, and help others understand the tradeoffs we need to make across the business. You’ll also be interested in new business development opportunities, being able to bring those to the attention of the right teams at Magenta and able to support those activities as requested.
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company.
- A role model for the company’s cultural pillars; Courage, Commitment and Excellence.