Magenta Therapeutics is a company dedicated to addressing significant needs across all aspects of transplant medicine with a culture fueled by an amazing, passionate group of people committed to the idea of “patients first” and making a difference.
By pioneering an innovative portfolio of novel therapeutics designed to make the entire bone marrow transplant process more effective, safer and easier, we aim to unleash the full potential of bone marrow transplant for those living with a wide array of conditions such as multiple sclerosis, scleroderma, acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, inherited metabolic diseases, and sickle cell disease.
The people at Magenta are at the very core of our progress in pursuing this vision. Our roles don’t dictate our daily activities – every employee is empowered to make an impact, seize opportunity and to develop skills and expertise.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by and want to be responsible for:
We are seeking a highly motivated associate level scientist consultant (contract). The successful candidate will be an integral member of a cross-functional team involved in multiple projects focused on developing novel therapeutics to improve stem cell transplantation. The position requires experience working with murine models of hematologic, oncology, and/or autoimmune disease.
- Design, plan, and execute in vivo pharmacology studies to evaluate efficacy, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, tolerability and mechanism of action of drug candidates
- Perform ex vivo assays to help broaden our understanding of how our therapeutics can affect hematopoietic stem cell transplant, normal immune function, and autoimmune disease
- Analyze and present scientific data, engage colleagues in cross-disciplinary scientific discussion, and stay abreast of relevant scientific literature
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- BS/BA/MS degree in a relevant field (pharmacology, immunology, biology) with 3+ years of relevant research experience, industry experience is a strong plus.
- Proficient in animal handling, dosing (IV, IP), blood collection, and tissue harvesting.
- Expertise working with murine models of autoimmune, oncology, and/or hematologic disease is required. Humanized mouse experience is a plus.
- Experience with multiple molecular techniques (FC, ELISA, etc.) are highly desirable.
- Must be a creative, organized, motivated self-starter, capable of independent research with minimal supervision.
- The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
To be successful as a leader and team member within Magenta, you must be:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
- Entrepreneurial. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business.
- Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
- A proven cross-functional leader. You will have demonstrated the ability to “influence without authority,” build teams, and achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures.
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
- Enterprise-focused and Business-savvy. You will always seek to put the goals of the company first, and help others understand the tradeoffs we need to make across the business. You’ll also be interested in new business development opportunities, being able to bring those to the attention of the right teams at Magenta and able to support those activities as requested.
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company.
- A role model for the company’s cultural pillars; Courage, Commitment and Excellence.