Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Bioconjugates
Are you looking for a role with impact?
The biotherapeutics group at Magenta Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated individual experienced in bioconjugation, purification and characterization of antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). The successful candidate will play an integral role in the discovery and development of transformative biotherapeutics for hematopoietic stem cell transplant. The individual will be responsible for bioconjugation activities to produce novel ADCs.
In this role, the incumbent will have opportunities to explore selection and optimization of therapeutic antibodies and developability of candidates. This position requires a strong work ethic, excellent written/verbal skills, and the ability to work successfully in multi-disciplinary project teams.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by and want to be responsible for:
- Conjugation, purification and characterization of antibody-drug conjugates prepared using cysteine-reactive chemistry
- Synthesis, purification and characterization of ADCs on research scales (0.5 – 15 mg) and medium scales (10 – 50 mg)
- Developing high-throughput conjugation methods.
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- BS or MS with 3+ years of experience with a strong background in chemistry, chemical biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or biochemical/chemical engineering
- Previous experience in bioconjugation methods (lysine, inter-chain cysteine and/or site-specific cysteine) is required
- Experience in antibody/antibody-drug conjugate purification methods (gel filtration, affinity, ion exchange, SEC) is desired.
- Candidates with good working knowledge in analytical techniques including HIC-, SEC-, RP-HPLC and capillary electrophoresis for antibody and/or ADC characterization are preferred.
- Interest in binding assays (eg. ForteBio Octet, Biacore, ELISA, flow cytometry) for antibody-drug conjugate characterization would be a plus.
To be successful within Magenta, you must be:
Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way.
Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise.
Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent.
Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company.
A role model for the company’s cultural pillars; Courage, Commitment & Excellence