Senior Scientist In Vivo Pharmacology
Are you looking for a role with impact?
Magenta Therapeutics is a company dedicated to addressing significant needs across all aspects of transplant medicine with a culture fueled by an amazing, passionate group of people committed to the idea of “patients first” and making a difference.
We started with an idea— Significant needs remain for patients living with autoimmune diseases, blood cancers, and rare genetic diseases. Bone marrow transplant is a potential cure for many, but its high risks, toxic side effects and complexity prevent many patients from being able to benefit. Magenta is working comprehensively to change the transplant journey for patients.
By pioneering an innovative portfolio of novel therapeutics designed to make the entire bone marrow transplant process more effective, safer and easier, we aim to unleash the full potential of bone marrow transplant for those living with a wide array of conditions such as multiple sclerosis, scleroderma, acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, inherited metabolic diseases, and sickle cell disease.
The people at Magenta are at the very core of our progress in pursuing this vision. Our roles don’t dictate our daily activities – every employee is empowered to make an impact, seize opportunity and to develop skills and expertise.
We are seeking a highly-motivated scientist to join our growing in vivo pharmacology team. The successful candidate will be an integral member of a cross-functional team involved in multiple projects focused on developing novel therapeutics to improve stem cell transplantation. The position requires experience working with murine models of hematologic, oncology, and autoimmune disease.
You are perfect for this role if you like to and want to be responsible for:
- Design, plan, execute, interpret and manage in vivo pharmacology studies to evaluate efficacy, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, tolerability and mechanism of action of antibody drug conjugate (ADC) candidates
- Perform ex vivo assays to broaden our understanding of how our therapeutic leads affect normal immune function and autoimmune disease
- Provide leadership as the pharmacology representative on a matrixed program team
- Manage in vivo pharmacology research in a matrixed environment, and externally with CROs.
- Analyze and present scientific data, engage colleagues in cross-disciplinary scientific discussion, and stay abreast of relevant scientific literature
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- PhD in a relevant field (biology/immunology/pharmacology) with 5+ years of industry experience or BS/MS with 14+ years of industry experience in drug discovery and development setting.
- Must be proficient in murine handling, dosing (IV, IP, SC), survival blood collection, and tissue harvesting.
- Requires expertise working with murine models of transplant, autoimmune, oncology, and/or hematologic disease. Humanized mouse experience is a plus.
- Experience with multiple molecular techniques (Flow cytometry, ELISA, etc.)
- Experience in the processes and requirements for moving ADCs from discovery to development to IND (including writing IND reports, patent applications) is highly desirable.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Must be a scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of independently conceiving, conducting, and critically analyzing his/her own innovative research with minimal supervision
- The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills, and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to a high-performance, patient & people-first culture, where there is alignment around a common vision and individuals are supported in their growth path
- Experience working in cultures where courage, commitment and excellence are the backbone of the leadership profile
- Prior success with research in a hands-on, highly collaborative growth environment
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using sound judgment that is consistent with business standards, practices, policies, procedures and regulations
To be successful as a leader and contributor within Magenta, you must be:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused.Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way
- Entrepreneurial. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business
- Intuitive. You will have a demonstrated ability to work in the “gray zone” and anticipate challenges before they arise
- A proven cross-functional leader.You will have demonstrated the ability to “influence without authority,” build teams, and achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, and at the same time recognize when rules are meant to be bent
- Transparent and Articulate.You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders
- Enterprise-focused and Business-savvy.You will always seek to put the goals of the company first, and help others understand the tradeoffs we need to make across the business. You’ll also be interested in new business development opportunities, being able to bring those to the attention of the right teams at Magenta and able to support those activities as requested
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company
- A role model for the company’s cultural pillars; Courage Commitment & Excellence